There are 6 resources in the Prescribing safety QI module. Show search form
- Prescribing in General Practice eLearning course27th August 2019This free eLearning course developed by the RCGP looks at the principles which inform good prescribing and details the more common reasons for prescribing errors.Context | Diagnose | Plan and test | Implement | Sustain and spread | Analysis tools | Behaviour change | Collaboration | Evaluation | External data
- Quality improvement data reports focusing on prescribing and patient safety22nd November 2018The RCGP and Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD) have developed confidential bespoke practice and patient-level drug prescribing reports, available for free for GP practices contributing to CPRD.
- NICE quality standard – Medicines management for people receiving social care in the community30th October 2018This quality standard covers assessing if people need help with their medicines and deciding what medicines support is needed to enable people to manage their medicines. It also includes communication between health and social care staff, to ensure people have the medicines support they need. It describes high-quality care in priority areas for improvement. Access ...Diagnose
- Patient Safety Toolkit for General Practice18th October 2018The Patient Safety Toolkit published by RCGP is designed to be used by any general practice in the UK. These resources can be used flexibly, either as standalone materials or as part of an integrated package for patient safety.Diagnose | Plan and test | Patient involvement | Evaluation
- NICE quality standard – Medicines optimisation10th March 2016This NICE quality standard covers the safe and effective use of medicines. It covers people of all ages who are taking medicines, including those who are not getting the full benefit from their medicines. It describes high-quality care in priority areas for improvement.Context | Diagnose | Plan and test | Implement | Sustain and spread | Analysis tools | Behaviour change | Collaboration | Evaluation | External data
- NICE guidance – Medicines optimisation10th March 2015This NICE guidance covers safe and effective use of medicines in health and social care for people taking 1 or more medicines. It aims to ensure that medicines provide the greatest possible benefit to people by encouraging medicines reconciliation, medication review, and the use of patient decision aids.Context | Diagnose | Plan and test | Implement | Analysis tools | Behaviour change | External data